12 JULY, 2016 BY: DOMINIC PERRY FARNBOROUGH
Leonardo believes it is close to securing a launch deal for its AgustaWestland AW149 super-medium-class helicopter, which is displayed at Farnborough for the first time in a new armed configuration.
“We have very serious interest in the AW149,” says James Wang, senior vice-president of marketing at Leonardo’s helicopter division. “We have customers negotiating right now, more than one.”
Read entire article: Here
Pintle-mounted 7.62mm machine guns – both Western and Russian models – and a Dillion M134 minigun
FN MAG® 58M machine gun @fnherstal.com
The FN Light Door Pintle Weapon System – or FN® LDP – includes the following:
a 7.62x51mm FN MAG® 58M machine gun with spade grips
a light pintle head – or FN® LPH – including a soft mount
a column located between the pintle head and the connection
a light door pintle connection (specific to the carrier)
a feeding kit including an ammunition box and a feed chute
an ejection kit including a links and cases collector and an ejection chute
The Dillon M134D Gatling Gun is the finest small caliber, defense suppression weapon available. It is a six barreled, electrically driven machine gun chambered in 7.62mm NATO and fires at a fixed rate of 3,000 shots per minute. Gatling Guns typically feed from a 3,000 or 4,000 round magazine. They are capable of long periods of continuous fire without threat or damage to the weapon making them an excellent choice for defensive suppression.
Aerea has developed specific external weapons mounts with a standard NATO fixing, which can each accommodate a 300kg payload.
Guided rockets from FZ and Roketsan
FZ275 LGR : Semi-Active Laser (SAL) Guided Rocket
The FZ guided rocket closes the gap between the long-range high-value missiles and the shorter range gun and unguided rockets, thus affording a full range of precision effects from a platform.
This rocket complies with the armies’ requirement for precise and reliable ammunitions capable of reducing exposure to danger and avoiding collateral damage which nowadays causes injuries to civilians.
- Calibre : 2.75” (70mm)
- Nominal length : ~1800mm
- All up round weight : 12.5 kg (before burn)/9.1 kg (after burn)
- Guidance : SAL (Semi-Active Laser)
- Steering type : 4 folding canards
- Laser : compatible with STANAG 3733 or used defined code
- Range : 1500m up to 6000m
- CEP<1m (at 6km range)
Stationary and moving targets :
- Soft and light armoured vehicles
- Air defence facilities
- Radar sites
- Communication installations
- Aircrafts on ground
- Small ship and patrol boats
- Soft bunkers
The FZ Guided Rocket FZ275LGR is an easy-to-use, cost-effective, flexible system expanding platforms range of precision effects.
The FZ Guided Rocket provides superior accuracy and lethality, coupled with safety and durability offering state-of-the-art capability with an extremely low Cost/Kill from existing launchers.
The FZ275 LGR provides the end user with substantially decreased cost per kill :
- significantly less rockets/target
- minimizes platform time-on-target and rounds/target
- frees up assets faster for other missions
The FZ275LGR can be easily integrated into the logistics and support system
- Simple field installation
- Minimal training required
2.75” Laser Guided Missile CİRİT
Properties of the Product
CİRİT, is a missile with the longest range in its class which provides a superior precision against light, armored/unarmored and stationary/mobile targets as well as being a cost effective solution.
- The 2.75″ Missile with the Longest Range
- Insensitive Munitions (Level V)
- Multi Purpose (Armor Piercing, Anti Personnel and Incendiary) Warhead
- Integration to Various Platforms (Helicopter, UAV, Land Vehicle, Stationary Platform, Light Assault Aircraft, Naval Platform)
- Standard Mode and Smart Mode Pod Integration
- Not a Guidance Kit, New Generation All-Up Round Missile System
- Composite Propellent Technology with Reduced Smoke
In the Inventory of Turkish Armed Forces
2.75” Laser Guided Missile CİRİT was designed for the purpose of filling the gap between cheap, unguided rockets with low precision and the high cost, guided anti-tank missiles.
CİRİT can be fired from standard CİRİT POD developed by Roketsan and as well as from Smart Pod. Smart Pod increases the capability envelope of CİRİT missile for inventory information exchange through the platform it possess prior to launch.
CİRİT is stored in the canister which facilities loading and unloading.
CİRİT, by means of its aerodynamic shape and composite solid propellant rocket motor, has the longest range in its class, 8 km, as compared to classic 2.75” unguided rockets.
Moreover, CİRİT missile offers options, such as multipurpose warhead (Armor Piercing Anti-personnel and Incendiary) as well as High Explosive warhead.
CİRİT system defined as the official missile system of National Attack Helicopter (T – 129) under development and can be also integrated to various platforms (Helicopter, UAV, Land Vehicle, Light Assault Aircraft, Naval Platform).
|Diameter||2.75″ (70 mm)|
|Maximum Range||8 km|
|Minimum Range||1,5 km|
|Weight||15 kg (Without tube complete)|
|Propellant Type||HTPB Based, Smokeless, Composite Solid Propellant|
|Warhead Type||Multi Purpose Warhead, Armor Piercing, Personnel, Incendiary|
|Warhead Type||High Explosive Warhead|
|Guidance||Mid – Phase Guidance with MEMS – AÖB|
|Guidance||Terminal Guidance with Semi-Active Laser Seeker|
|Target Types||Light Armored / Unarmored Vehicles, Stationary and Moving Targets, Bunkers|
|Platforms||Helicopters (AH – 1W, T – 129 ATAK etc.), UAV’s, Land Vehicles, Light Assault Aircraft, Naval Platforms and Stationary Platforms|
FN Herstall .50cal gun pod
Dillon DGP2300 minigun
DGP2300 – Gun Pod Self-Contained M134D Weapon system
Features and Specifications (Preliminary):
- Caliber: 7.62mm x 51mm NATO w/M13 Links
- Ammunition Capacity: 3,000 Rounds
- Rate of Fire: 3,000 Rounds per Minute
- Fully Self-Contained System: M134D-H Titanium Hybrid Gun Remote Gun Control Unit (RGCU) Optional Battery Trickle Charging Circuit 24 Volt DC Battery 3,000 Round Magazine Integral Bore Sight Adjustment 14” NATO Release Rack Mounting System
- Weight: 380 lbs (172.4 kg) Estimated Loaded
- Dimensions: Length: 72.5” (184.2 cm) Diameter: 15.0” (38.1 cm)
- Recoil Loads: 190 lbs (86.2 kg) Estimated
- Interface Cabling: Master Arm, Trigger
AW139M militarised version of AW139: Details